Monday Extension Report – March 31, 2014

March 31, 2014

4-H Shooting Sports B.B. and Air Rifle projects kick off tonight

The 2014 4-H Shooting Sports season kicks off at 6:00 tonight with B.B. and Air Rifle instruction sessions in the Show Barn at the Cherry County Fairgrounds starting. B.B. and Air Rifle sessions will be held each Monday evening through April 28.

Don’t forget 4-H shooting sports members must attend at least two practices in each discipline if you want to compete at the Cherry County Fair contest.

4-H Re-enrollment Deadline April 7

Re-enrollments are due next Monday, April 7 for existing 4-H members and leaders.

Enrollment forms can be found online at


Private Pesticide Applicator class, 1:30 PM CT April 1

Private Pesticide applicators, don’t forget that tomorrow will be the last Private Pesticide Applicator class of the year.

If you need a private pesticide application license or have one that you need to renew, you will need to attend this class.

It will be in the 4-H Building on the Fairgrounds. It will start at 1:30 pm Central time.


Chemigation training - Tuesday, April 8

If you need a Chemigation applicators license, or have one that expires this year, you need to attend this class. It will be held at 1:00 pm, April 8, in the Cherry County Extension Office.

Chemigation training is for people who apply fertilizers or chemicals through their irrigation system.

Chemigation training is also available online. You will still need to come in the office and take the test, but at least you can do most of it online.


Initial certification training for Commercial/Non-commercial pesticide applicators - Thursday, April 10.

If you need a commercial or non-commercial pesticide applicator license then you need to register for this class as soon as possible. Registration is online.


Call the extension office at 402-376-1850 for more information.


Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.